Friday 15 June 2012

Review: Get Off My Porch (2010)


First I´d like to thank Patrick Rea for suggesting that I should check out some of his short films. Neil (Brad Meehan) is a married guy lounging around on a Saturday afternoon watching college football while his wife is away when a cute little girl scout knocks on his door trying to sell a box of cookies and she won´t take no for an answer. I won´t give away more than that. Get Off My Porch is written and directed by Patrick Rea, it´s a 13 minute long short film featuring good acting, professional camera work and editing. The excellent soundtrack is composed by Harry Manfredini. There is no gore in this but you shouldn´t be expecting it. There are some practical make-up fx but I won´t go into any details as I would then spoil the fun for you, the viewer.
This review is based upon a online source uploaded by the director,
Rating: 6½ out of 7. Get Off My Porch is a nice short film that manages to be entertaining, funny and also a little bit creepy. I liked this a lot and I´m very eager to check out more from Patrick Rea.


/JL

No comments:

Post a Comment