Friday 29 June 2012

Review: Toxin (2012)



First I´d like to thank L. Jeffrey Moore for providing me with a screener of his latest short film. The less known about the plot the better as it´s success depends on different twists and turns but I´ll tell you that it is a fast paced martial arts short film with a bit of humour as our hero Charlie (Robert D. Parham) fights to reach his objective before his time is up . Toxin is written and directed by Joshua A. Siegel and L. Jeffrey Moore. The camerawork and editing is pretty good and the acting is decent but this film is about action and the action is good. No T & A in this one. There is a little bit of gore, it´s mainly computer gendered, but this short film isn´t about the gore it´s more about fighting and martial arts and in that department it delievers. The fight choreography is pretty good, the fightsequences have more of a "punch" than in the filmmakers previous effort Buster Jones.
This review is based upon a passwordprotected online screener provided by the director.
Rating: 5½ out of 7 I liked Toxin, it´s fast paced and entertaining. Yeah it has obvious influences from other and bigger budgeted films but that is not a negative thing in my opinion, for the sake of keeping the review free from spoilers I´ll won´t go into detais but I´m sure many of you will recognize them.

/JL

No comments:

Post a Comment