Tuesday 3 April 2012

Review: Burn (2011)


First I´d like to thank Jerry Pyle for contacting me and asking me if I´d be interested in reviewing his short film. 
A young man by the name Emmery (Andrew Sheffield) is bloodied and bound and are being given a survivalist lesson by Roy (Tim Abell) and is given the option to choose the best way out of his predicament. Giving you more information than that would mean that I´d spoil this wonderful short film (running time 5 minutes) for you. Burn is written and directed by Jerry Pyle. The pacing is good, the tension never ends it simply never lets up, it has good camera work and editing. The acting is strong and I´d like to point out that Tim Abell is excellent as Roy, he´s perfectly cast and very believable.
This review is based upon a passwordprotected online screener provided to me by the director of the film.
Rating: 7 out of 7. Burn is tense from start to finish, it´s well made and Tim Abell gives a amazing performance.

/JL

No comments:

Post a Comment